On March 26, 2017, Messiah Lutheran Church rejoiced in 60 years as an LCMS congregation with a worship celebration and a luncheon following. The formal organization of the congregation was on January 6, 1957 with 28 communicant and 41 baptized souls received into membership. The congregation began meeting at the Wildwood Chapel at Restland Cemetery until the first unit of the church building was completed. This building was dedicated on November 3, 1957, in Richardson, Texas. In November, 2003, the congregation relocated to Plano, Texas. Today, God has blessed Messiah Lutheran church with over 2,019 communicant and 2,557 baptized members! Rev. Dr. Victor J. Kollmann; our current Senior Pastor, has served Messiah Lutheran Church since June 14, 1992.
A commemorative book was created with pictures, statistics, and information that outlines the history of Messiah Lutheran Church from 1957-2017. Click here to view it in PDF form.