Each Sunday we come together as a congregation to celebrate the Love of Christ in worship with songs of praise! We join our voices together, using music as a way to share the song in our hearts—the song of joy to Christ, our Savior, an offering to our Lord of our love for Him. We hear voices around us, the young and the old, strongly and boldly singing praise to God. We also hear instruments of all types lifted in response to our Lord’s grace and mercy. What a wonderful celebration of praise when all of these combine together in worship!
Have you been blessed with a singing voice or the ability to play an instrument? Do you yearn for the opportunity to express your heart’s song through music to our Lord? Whether you are a young child, youth or adult, there are groups that you can join with fellow members, who also feel the calling of Christ to serve Him through music. There are many ways to serve, so prayerfully consider adding your talents to our music ministry this year. You’ll be so blessed! All groups meet once a week.
Live performances from our music ministry
Other Choir and Orchestra Selections
K-2nd grade —Wednesdays from 6:00-6:50 PM
- Sing in worship services once a month
- Develop basic music skills.
- Lead a spring praise service.
- Opportunity for children to serve in worship.
- Directed by Dorothy Sherrod, Christina Knoernschild, and Lori Phelps.
- Sing in worship services once a month.
- Build faith and music skills.
- Lead a spring praise service
- Serve as powerful witnesses
- Directed by Karen Eichinger and Kenley Ladishew.
6th-12th grade-Wednesdays from 6:00-6:50 PM
- Sing in worship once a month.
- Continue to strengthen music skills.
- Work with other choirs on selected pieces.
- Directed by Nicole Ostrom, Teresa Logue and Toby Meeks.
Youth-Adults—Tuesdays from 7:00-8:30 PM
- Prepares music in various styles, including classical, gospel and contemporary.
- Sings twice a month in both services.
- Presents special cantatas during Advent and Lent.
- Directed by Dorothy Sherrod, Brenda Bucher and David Jablinski, Chaplain.
Youth/Adult—Wednesdays from 7:30-9:00 PM
- Provide worship leadership for the 11:00 Contemporary service.
- Include singers and instrumentalists on piano, guitar, bass, drums and keyboard.
- Directed by Dorothy Sherrod and Matthew Lee.
Youth/Adults—Wednesdays 7:45-9:00 PM
- Composed of brass, woodwind, string and percussion instrumentalists.
- Prepare music for worship services. Work with the Sanctuary Choir on the Cantatas for Advent and Lent.
- Open to youth and adults who have played for at least 2 years.
- Directed by Teresa Logue and Dorothy Sherrod.
Joyful Ringers (Hand bells)
Youth/Adults—Tuesdays from 6:00-7:00 PM
- Prepares music for worship services.
- Includes experienced and beginning ringers.
- Directed by Ed and Dorothy Sherrod, and Brenda J. Mears.