The Messiah Lutheran Church building and campus facilities are a means to make an eternal impact in the lives of people in our church and community by helping them come to know God personally through faith in Jesus Christ and to grow in their relationship with God and others. Many people in the Messiah Lutheran Church family have sacrificially invested time and resources to bring these facilities to fruition. The Messiah Lutheran Church facilities are designed to offer a friendly, God-honoring atmosphere for worship, evangelism, fellowship, and teaching, as well as for recreation and special events.
We recognize God’s ownership and our stewardship of these facilities, and are committed to using the facilities and campus to glorify God. To ensure that all guests can fully enjoy the facilities in a manner that is orderly and honoring to God, this policy has been adopted. They are built on the foundation of the functions within the normal ministry of Messiah Lutheran Church. The use of the church building and campus must be in accordance with the doctrine of Messiah Lutheran Church. Messiah Lutheran Church facilities may not be used by any individual, group, or organization with beliefs that are opposed to the doctrine as defined by Article III of the constitution of Messiah Lutheran Church. The policy applies to all religious, social, and sports activities inside or outside of any part of the Messiah Lutheran Church Campus. All requests for use of the facilities must confirm acceptance of the policy and conform to all aspects of the policy.
Email Rebekah Myer at email@example.com, or call at 972-398-7523 for more information about use of our Gymnasium.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the gym with the exception of water bottles.
- The gym is not open for recreation on Sundays.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in the gym.
- For group activities, there must be one adult for each 10 children under 12 years of age.
- The use of the facility and all equipment will be at the risk of the participant.
- Any and all damages to Church property shall be paid for by, and is the sole responsibility, of the user.
- Any accident, injury, or equipment/facility problems should be reported to the personnel at the Gym desk or church office immediately.
- Pets are not allowed with the exception of service dogs.
- The use of roller skates, Heelys™ (or any other wheeled footwear devices), skateboards, or cleats on the gym floor are prohibited, as they will damage the floor.
- The speech, dress, and conduct of all participants will be in accordance with the highest Christian standards.
- Participants in athletics, games, and exercise events must wear non-marking athletic shoes on the gym floor.
- Any banners or decorations must be approved in advance and must not leave any permanent marks on the walls or floors.
- Equipment belonging to Messiah Lutheran Church must remain inside the building, unless otherwise approved by the Director of Properties.
- Only trained personnel are allowed to set and adjust basketball goals, volleyball nets, the divider curtain and movable seating.
- Only trained personnel are allowed to adjust lighting and/or heating and air conditioning
- The audio/visual systems may only be used when an audio technician is present or by special permission by the Senior Pastor.
- Personal equipment is allowed and should be clearly marked.
- Individual participants in activities must have a signed “Release and Hold Harmless Agreement” on file with the church office.
- Participants must comply with the posted Rules of Behavior.
- Serving or consuming of alcoholic beverages
- Smoking is not permitted inside any church facility
Recreation Desk Operations
As you enter the facility at the north end of the lobby area, you will come to the Recreation Desk. A Messiah Lutheran Church representative will be there to assist you and register guests. Basketballs and other equipment may be checked out and returned to the Recreation Desk.
Lockers and Shower Rooms
Our Locker/Shower Rooms are accessed through the restrooms. Participants are required to bring their own towels and toiletries. Not all events will have access to the shower rooms. Participants will bring their own locks. If left overnight, locks will be removed.
Non-Messiah Lutheran Church Group Guidelines
The use of the recreational facilities at Messiah Lutheran Church is a privilege. We intend to utilize our facilities as part of our outreach mission to our community. As such, the following guidelines apply:
- Other organizations or groups may apply to the church office for the use of our facilities, subject to availability. Such requests will only be granted when the usage will not conflict with the purpose, policies, or doctrinal position of Messiah Lutheran Church. The Trustees, Church Council, or the Senior Pastor reserve the right to decline any request not meeting these guidelines.
- Organizations not affiliated with Messiah Lutheran Church must provide the church a “Certificate of Insurance” from their insurance provider.
- $75 per hour for Half gym
- $150 per hour for Full gym